Limo Tour of Chianti Classico Wineries
Besides its beautiful scenery of rolling hills dotted with picturesque towns, the Chianti region is world renowned for its wine: The Chianti Classico.
Our private chauffeured limousine tour service will take you smoothly from the door of your hotel (or apartment) in Florence to the most rewarding wineries in the Chianti region.
Thanks to its close proximity to Florence, the Chianti region is in fact the first area on the list when considering a foray into the Tuscan wine country.
The recommending duration for touring the Chianti region & wineries from Florence is 8 hrs.
Chianti Classico Wine and Grape Composition
Chianti Classico wine was officially invented in 1872 thanks to the pioneering research and experimentation conducted by statesman Bettino Ricasoli whose formula of grape composition has endured to this date: at least 80% Sangiovese grapes. The remaining 20% of the grapes used can be Sangiovese (in which it makes for 100% Sangiovese) or a combination of different (approved) grape types which include certain local grapes varieties such as Canaiolo and Colorino but also the mush more common varieties of Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot.
Chianti wineries range from family-run vineyards, through medium sized enterprises to large corporate estates, an example of the latter being the amazing Antinori nel Chinati Classico. We will be glad to suggest one or more good wineries based on your preference and time frame. Or we can simply take you to where you need to go, if you have already made arrangements with a particular winery.